Community in action…
Connect South is delighted to once again be taking the bookings for the annual community Christmas Dinner, it’s a real community affair.
- Acts of Kindness Charitable Trust, a registered charity, organises the event.
- Funding is primarily provided by community funding organisations or businesses.
- The event is volunteer staffed by members of the wider Dunedin Community.
- Volunteers help with serving, platting, kitchen duties, greeting or hosting one of the 52 tables.
- Dunedin City Council and Dunedin Venues Management provide the venue.
- Compass Catering provide a professional chef and the use of commercial kitchens.
- Connect South take registrations for volunteers and guests.
- Entertainment and carol singing will be provided by a number of different groups who volunteer alongside over 100 others to make this a special day.
- Transport – A special Christmas Day bus service organised by Otago Heritage Bus Society runs a return journey to the Octagon from Normanby, St Kilda and St Clair. Phone Connect South for further information.
Date: Sunday, 25th December 2016
Time: 11.30am – 2.30pm
Venue: Dunedin Town Hall – Free entry and meal.
To register as a guest or volunteer please phone use our booking form or call us on 03 471 6150.2016-christmas-dinner-poster_corrected