Office Manager – Moana House
The Downie Stewart Foundation (Moana House) is a well-established residential therapeutic community for adult male offenders who want to change their lives. Many of our residents may also have a history of alcohol and/or drug abuse. We offer a long term residential programme which includes professional group therapy; recreational experiences; work skills & training; lifestyle skills and organisation & motivation skills. The programme has a strong cultural commitment and offers a safe place to change within a supportive family environment.
Reporting to the Programme Director, you will provide administrative and non-clinical operational support and maintain the financial viability of the programme through implementation of sound business planning, effective operational management and oversight of the funding and fundraising activities.
You will also manage and oversee operational systems and processes, including Human Resources, Procurement and IT and administration of Health & Safety.
As a key member of the administration team you will take an active role in the on-going development of Moana House by ensuring that the philosophy, mission, values and framework of practice of Moana House are demonstrated in everyday work practices in the business and administration area.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and an ability to interpret and apply it at work.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in business management, accounting or health administration.
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior administrative roles, ideally in a not for profit or charity environment.
- Experience in and/or understanding of all areas of operational administration and coordination, including HR, IT, Procurement and Health and Safety.
- An ability to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with external advisers.
- Understanding of business systems and processes, ideally with proven experience in process improvement and implementation.
- Experience representing senior management at meetings and dealing with external parties.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Xero.
- Current drivers licence.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Culturally sensitive / aware
This role is an exciting position for someone who is looking to take the next step in their administrative
career, and join an organisation which offers both a rewarding career and an ability to give something back to the community.
If you believe you can bring your skills, drive and enthusiasm to this position, please apply with a CV and covering letter to Claire Williams on email@example.com by Monday, 17 th October 2016. A full job description is available on request.