Statistics New Zealand is holding free information seminars about our communities across Otago and Southland.
This is a great chance to find out what information is in the census and how you can use it to inform service delivery.
The seminars will:
- provide a broad overview of the census
- talk about interesting trends at a local and national level
- let you know what information is available from the 2013 Census
- present first release of Te Kupenga data (Dunedin only)
Find out how to:
- navigate around the census website
- access information about your local area
- explore and visualise statistics about your area using our map tool StatsMaps
- build tables using our NZ.Stat tool.
You can even bring your own device to work with as you see around the website.
Where and when are the seminars?
Dunedin Tuesday 17 June 1.00–3.30pm
Dunningham Suite, Dunedin Public Library
Gore Wednesday 18 June 9.00–11.30am
Council Chamber, James Cumming Wing, Cnr Ardwick Street and Civic Ave
Invercargill Wednesday 18 June 1.30–4.00pm
Invercargill Public Library, Dee Street, Invercargill
Oamaru Wednesday 11 June 9.00–11.30am
Blind Foundation Hall, 6 Steward Street, Oamaru
Waimate Wednesday 11 June 1.30–4.00pm
Community Centre, 135 Queen Street
What do you need to do to attend?
Visit www.stats.govt.nz/census-seminars to register.
Spaces are limited in some venues so register early so you don’t miss out.
At COSSD we are always keen to hear real world examples. If you are using census data and it’s making a difference to your work we’d love to hear and share that story.