These services have gone out to tender. The description below suggests that there could be one or many organisations appointed across the country. Connect South are happy to facilitate a community meeting to investigate a collaborative bid if people or organisations are interested. Details of a briefing meeting are below.
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) is seeking to appoint suitably qualified provider(s) across New Zealand to be responsible for the day to day delivery of Elder Abuse and Neglect Response services (EANR) within their communities. EANR responds to the needs of older people experiencing or at risk of abuse or neglect. The service has a primary focus on intervention.
The Ministry is seeking to appoint provider(s) across New Zealand who will be responsible for the day to day delivery of EANR within their communities.
The service delivery aims include:
- a primary focus on intervention – direct assistance for older people experiencing elder abuse and neglect
- interventions are responsive to the needs of older people who have experienced or at risk of abuse and neglect in a timely manner
- interventions that are culturally responsive, particularly for Māori and Pasifika and migrant groups
- preventing revictimisation of older people experiencing abuse and or neglect.
In delivering EANR we want to see the following outcomes achieved:
- older people experiencing (or perceived to be) abuse and neglect are protected and safe
- older people’s views are respected, valued and they are recognised as the experts of their lives
- older people are empowered to be self-determining, independent and confident in their daily life, as appropriate
- older people, their families and whānau are connected to services and work together.
The direct link to the EANR tender is: https://www.gets.govt.nz/MSD/ExternalTenderDetails.htm?id=18456363
A briefing about the new service and tender will be held:
Date: Friday 24th March 2017
Time: 10.00am – 11.00am
Venue: Dunedin Community Link, Ministry of Social Development, Cnr Castle and Cumberland Streets, Dunedin
NB* please bring a form of ID as this will be requested when accessing the building