Venue confirmed on enrolment
The first day of this workshop will identify the signs, symptoms and effects of abuse.
- Learn how to respond to children who they suspect may be being abused or neglected or who disclose abuse.
- Develop understanding of their own feelings and responses, and learn how to stand up for children when meeting resistance from others.
- Gain information about what to do when they are concerned about the welfare of a child and identify support and help that is available.
- Gain the knowledge and tools to be able to recognise when children are at risk and confidently take action to promote their safety and wellbeing.
The second day of this workshop will look at the need for a cohesive and coherent Child Protection Policy, and how this policy is written and implemented.
- Learn about the legislative framework of Child Protection practice
- Work through a step by step process of creating a Child Protection Policy for their agency.
- Explore safe working practices: what practices, procedures and guidelines might need to be implemented in order to safeguard both the children and staff from unsafe and potentially dangerous situations.
- Gain the knowledge and tools to be able to develop an effective Child Protection Policy that is suitable and relevant to their specific agency.