Community Outreach and Marketing Coordinator
25 week Fixed Term Position. 18 Hours per week
Otago Access Radio (OAR FM) is a growing community access station broadcasting in
Dunedin on 105.4FM, 1575AM and online and on demand from www.oar.org.nz.
OAR FM’s four staff work with:
- 210+ volunteer broadcasters (aged 12 to 92) contributing to
- 90+ regular Dunedin-made radio programmes and podcasts in
- 10 different languages
Attracting hugely diverse listenership!
Recent Colmar Brunton research confirms that listeners and volunteer broadcasters value the benefits to the community derived from Access Radio. However the same research identified the need to raise the profile of Access Radio programmes and unique opportunities on offer.
OAR FM is excited to offer this role to champion our place on the media spectrum as THE voice of our local communities.
The Purpose of the Role:
To increase OAR FM’s visibility in Dunedin and grow engagement with OAR FM programmes and services.
- Design and conduct research to identify and better understand OAR FM’s current and potential audiences
- Research to investigate programme makers and community groups needs
- Survey Dunedin public and conduct focus groups for community input into station direction
- Develop targeted outreach and promotional collateral, in collaboration with station staff, tailored to core audiences (as revealed through research)
- Coordinate application for funding the outreach and promotional collateral
- Outreach campaign development and implementation (as a result of the research) develop targeted campaign strategies and activate them.
- Refresh OAR FM station collateral and messaging to use at all OAR FM and public events
- Develop collateral highlighting the benefits of exercising corporate social responsibility through sponsorship and/or advertising on OAR FM
- Develop and implement campaign to engage local businesses and potential funders
Qualification: Marketing Graduate/or previous experience in research, development and implementation of effective marketing campaigns
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively, as a part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills to implement and coordinate initiatives
- Knowledge of Internet technologies relevant to online advertising, podcasting and digital media
- Ability to connect with a diverse range of people and appreciation of ethnic and niche community groups
- Confident and friendly personality
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines and with tight budgets
- Innovative and creative
Additional skills and experience in these fields will be an advantage:
- graphic design
- broadcast media
- non-profit charitable sector
- mobile app software development
Apply in writing to OAR FM General Manager Lesley Paris email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 19th April 2017