CPAG, PHA, ANZASW and Connect South co-hosted a General Election Forum on Child Poverty this week.
We asked three questions:
- All children need safe and healthy homes. What plans does your party have to address housing affordability and availability for low-income households?
- Do you think benefits and working for families tax credits should be indexed to median wages as superannuation is? If not, why not?
- Health begins where we live, learn, work and play. What do you see as the most important actions you will take to enable healthy childhoods rather than simply fixing problems that arise?
Answering questions (in this order) were:
- Green: Metiria Turei
- Labour Party: Clare Curran
- National Party: Paul Foster-Bell
- NZ First: Warren Voight
- Opportunities Party:Lindsay Smith
The other voice is Connect South and PHA Otago and Southland’s own Rob Tigeir.
Podcast Link: http://www.accessradio.org/Player.aspx?eid=bc44305c-b166-4bd0-b0af-5ba6f5583470&utm_source=Connect+South+Master+mailing+list&utm_campaign=0811fa71a8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_08_16&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2e5e1698a3-0811fa71a8-450564641