This is a varied position as our services include crisis intervention, emergency accommodation, outreach services to Eastern and Northern Southland and West and South Otago, women’s and children education programmes and working with families who are transitioning to living free from violence.
The ideal candidate would need to have:
- A relevant social service degree or be working towards one
- An understanding of the dynamics of family violence
- An understanding of and commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi
- Clear professional boundaries
- Non-judgmental manner
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- The ability to work independently and part of a team
- Full clean driver’s licence
Position hours are flexible depending on the successful applicant. Appointment is subject to Police vetting.
For further information, for a copy of the job description or to apply please contact:
The Manager – Hannah Bain
Ph: 03 208 8384
Postal Address: P.O. Box 357, Gore.