This is a Request for Proposal rather than a job advert so the successful person will be self employed.
Rape Crisis Dunedin is a feminist organization which provides support for women survivors of rape and sexual abuse. We are seeking qualified persons for a fixed term counselling position to cover a maternity leave, beginning employment on 9 January 2017 until 31 December 2017.
The position begins at 16 hours a week and would suit people who are highly motivated, supportive of the Rape Crisis philosophy and able to work in a collective environment.
Application documents and a job description are available on our Facebook page:
Or call 474-1592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications close 12pm, Tuesday the 15 November 2016.
Office Manager – Moana House
The Downie Stewart Foundation (Moana House) is a well-established residential therapeutic community for adult male offenders who want to change their lives. Many of our residents may also have a history of alcohol and/or drug abuse. We offer a long term residential programme which includes professional group therapy; recreational experiences; work skills & training; lifestyle skills and organisation & motivation skills. The programme has a strong cultural commitment and offers a safe place to change within a supportive family environment.
Reporting to the Programme Director, you will provide administrative and non-clinical operational support and maintain the financial viability of the programme through implementation of sound business planning, effective operational management and oversight of the funding and fundraising activities.
You will also manage and oversee operational systems and processes, including Human Resources, Procurement and IT and administration of Health & Safety.
As a key member of the administration team you will take an active role in the on-going development of Moana House by ensuring that the philosophy, mission, values and framework of practice of Moana House are demonstrated in everyday work practices in the business and administration area.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and an ability to interpret and apply it at work.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in business management, accounting or health administration.
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior administrative roles, ideally in a not for profit or charity environment.
- Experience in and/or understanding of all areas of operational administration and coordination, including HR, IT, Procurement and Health and Safety.
- An ability to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with external advisers.
- Understanding of business systems and processes, ideally with proven experience in process improvement and implementation.
- Experience representing senior management at meetings and dealing with external parties.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Xero.
- Current drivers licence.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Culturally sensitive / aware
This role is an exciting position for someone who is looking to take the next step in their administrative
career, and join an organisation which offers both a rewarding career and an ability to give something back to the community.
If you believe you can bring your skills, drive and enthusiasm to this position, please apply with a CV and covering letter to Claire Williams on email@example.com by Monday, 17 th October 2016. A full job description is available on request.
Youth Coordinator – Dunedin
As part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation, New Zealand Red Cross works to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
We are seeking a Youth Co-ordinator to join our Dunedin team.
In this role you will be responsible for the delivery and development of current and future NZRC youth-focussed community education programmes. The Youth Co-ordinator will seek out and create opportunities for young people to become humanitarian leaders in their community.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- A proven ability to relate to young people
- A proven ability to initiate and develop partnerships and networks with other individuals and organisation in communities
- Programme development and management experience
- Successful community development experience
- An understanding of the importance of and experience in, involving young leaders in organisational decision making
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Sue Price at New Zealand Red Cross 03 4771527
Social Worker – Permanent Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker to join our client services team supporting former refugees to resettle in New Zealand.
This position provides comprehensive assessments, social work support and settlement support to refugees resettling in New Zealand to regain control of their lives.
In this role you will:
- Provide effective case management and coordination of crisis support
- Provide comprehensive assessments, social work support, counselling and skills development services to clients
- Maintain communication with volunteers alongside the volunteer coordinator to assist volunteers on placement
- Attend community meetings and network groups as required
- Provide public education and raise awareness with local mainstream service providers on best practice work with refugee clients
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Have a tertiary social work qualification
- Hold full registration with the Social Worker Registration Board or near completion.
- Can demonstrate strengths-based social work and cross cultural understanding
- Have relevant experience in social work
- Have proven experience of the ability to network and build positive working relationships
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Christelle Burger at New Zealand Red Cross 03 4771527
Are you an experienced leader looking for a new challenge?
Do you know about youth development?
Are you passionate about creating opportunities?
Then the Malcam Charitable Trust might be looking for you!
Based in Dunedin, The Malcam Charitable Trust is a leading youth development provider and we are recruiting a new CEO.
The successful candidate will be joining The Malcam Charitable Trust at an exciting time as we look to bring a long term vision to life, and build on our suite of experiences.
The Malcam Charitable Trust operates in Dunedin and South Otago. We were founded on the premise that young people can, and do, make the difference. We facilitate a range of quality experiences that enable young people to make successful transitions – into further education, or into employment.
To be our new CEO, you will need proven success as a positive leader who is charismatic, can manage complex situations, think outside the square and have a collaborative attitude.
Being relationship focused and an effective communicator with outstanding strategic and business acumen, you will be knowledgeable about youth development, education and social enterprise. A proven record in managing change and innovation will be required.
If you believe you have the necessary experience, skills, and passion then we want to hear from you. For an information pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close on Friday 21 October at 5pm.
Catholic Social Services is the social work and counselling agency of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dunedin. The agency is an approved provider under the CYPF Act 1989 and provides a range of programmes focussed on support to families and individuals in Dunedin, Central and South Otago.
We are seeking a person with extensive social services experience who can provide professional and strategic leadership of the agency, skilled management of staff and contracts and proven relationship management ability.
An understanding of and empathy with the ethos of the Catholic Church is required.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our community hub in South Dunedin. A position description and further information is available on request.
Applicants should forward a CV, referee details and covering letter to:
Catholic Diocese of Dunedin
03 474 5753 | email@example.com
Applications close: 10.00am Monday 23 May 2016.
FAMILY SUPPORT FIELDWORKER REQUIRED
Based in Alexandra and covering the Central Otago/Wakatipu region.
FULL TIME (37.5 Hrs/wk) OR JOB SHARE PERMANENT POSITION: We currently have a vacancy for a skilled, enthusiastic Family Support Field Worker to join our Central Otago/Wakatipu team.
The position would suit someone who has:
Experience in working with families in mental illness and addiction; including goal setting, problem solving, supporting, networking and advocacy for families.
Experience working within the Mental Health Sector including building collaborative relationships with other mental health service providers and health professionals.
An ability to develop and maintain functional networks within the Central Otago/Wakatipu Community.
Well-developed communication skills and the ability to liaise with a wide range of service users from all sectors of society.
Sound Computer Skills
An Allied Health qualification such as Mental Health Support worker Diploma or Certificate, Social Worker or other related Health Qualification including 2 years post-graduate experience is required for this role.
Able Charitable Trust (Inc.) is a community based, non-profit organisation servicing the greater Otago and Southland region made up of four existing Supporting Families branches that have been assisting families, whanau and caregivers for over 35 years.
For a Job Description and Person Specification please contact:
Felicia Wade – Acting General Manager,
PO Box 4003, St Kilda Dunedin
Ph: 03 455 5973
All applications are to be accompanied by a hand written letter of introduction, along with a copy of your CV. Applications close 4th March 2016
(30 hours pw)
This is a position for an experienced Social Worker and an opportunity to really make a difference for children and their families in Dunedin.
You will have a working knowledge of the CYP+F Act 1989 and ability to take a lead role in delivery of the agency social work services.
A recognised social work qualification is required for this position.
A Job Description and further information are available on request.
Applicants should forward a CV, names of three referees (one of whom should be your current employer) and a covering letter to:
Catholic Social Services
PO Box 2047 South Dunedin 9044
Phone 03 455 3838
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 4th March 2016.