Community Worker- Accommodation Services
20 hours per week
Prisoners’ Aid and Rehabilitation Society (Otago) is based in Dunedin and provides reintegration support to prisoners on their release from prison. A large component of this work involves access to accommodation. We have a new position available for a part-time community worker to join our small but extremely passionate team. The role will focus on supporting people referred to PARS to access our accommodation services and assist them in managing any immediate needs. Clients will also be supported in securing long term sustainable accommodation of their own. The position is 20 hours pw and will be spread over 5 days (Monday to Friday at this stage).
The person we are seeking will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Non-judgemental attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Empathy for the people we support and the challenges they face.
- Able to manage assigned work in an organised and task oriented manner.
- Able to contribute to a team based approach to support.
- Strong relationship management and networking skills.
- Good computer skills- particularly Microsoft Office.
- Current New Zealand Drivers Licence (with no driving convictions).
The following would be desirable although not essential (you will be very well supported in learning what you need to do the job!):
- Previous experience supporting people in the community.
- Good knowledge of resources available in the community.
- A qualification in social services or supporting people
- An understanding of solution and outcome focused support.
- Practical experience of risk management and safe personal practice.
For a Position Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications with your CV and a cover letter should be emailed to the above address or posted to PO Box 763, Dunedin 9054 no later than 4pm, Friday 22 September 2017.