Visit www.englishlanguage.org.nz/vacancies for full details.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 1 April 2016.
Our Dunedin centre is looking for a Coordinator. This is a fixed-term part-time position for 25 hours a week based in the Dunedin centre office (until 16 December 2016).
English Language Partners New Zealand teaches English to adult refugees and migrants. Our community based programmes involve both paid staff and volunteers. The coordinator will support and maintain the ongoing operation of the Dunedin centre.
This role includes a balance of coordination, administration and networking tasks, from supporting volunteers, managing staff and programmes, coordinating classes and communicating with learners and teachers to ensure the efficient running of the local service. Networking with ethnic communities and other community stakeholders will also form part of the role.
The position requires excellent communication, interpersonal and intercultural awareness skills, along with highly competent computer literacy. Excellent organisational ability is essential. A qualification in TESOL, preferably with adults, is essential. The job will suit a person who is self-motivated, can work to deadlines and is able to accommodate occasional evening and weekend work.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
• Skilled and experienced in coordination/administration
• Able to relate to people from different cultures and have strong communication skills
• Confident in building networks and maintaining relationships
• Organised, and have attention to detail
• Honest and reliable, and have integrity
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to adapt easily to your working environment
• ESOL teaching qualification and experience (ideally with adults)
• Excellent IT skills (fast and accurate)
To obtain the job description and further information go to www.englishlanguage.org.nz/vacancies
Please email your CV with a covering letter and the completed Application Form that describes how you meet the job requirements to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, with Dunedin Coordinator in the subject line.
Applications without a covering letter and completed Application Form will not be considered.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.