42 Macandrew Road
South Dunedin, Dunedin 9012
Seasons for growth® is a programme targeted at educating 6-18 year olds about strategies for managing their feelings and actions after a significant life change. This event may be a parent’s separation, a change in caregivers, illness in their families, the death of someone they know or some other significant life change like moving towns and schools.
We are offering a two day companion (facilitator) training, so that you can for use the Seasons for growth® Young person programme with children you work with.
This programme is run in a small group format and offers support and space for young people to:
- Learn about how different people respond to change, loss and grief
- Understand that it is normal to experience a range of grief reactions
- Explore new ideas approached in dealing with change and loss in their lives
- Build communication, decision making and problem solving skills’
- Participate in a support network of peers and adults
- Integrate their new learning into their relationships with family, friends and life.
This training is for you if you work with children in schools, health services, or social services.