Statistics New Zealand, in collaboration with the Office of Ethnic Affairs, is holding free information seminars in October 2014.
Find out about the 2013 Census, including a summary of what we know about our diverse ethnic populations and how these populations are changing, and how to access this information on our website.
What will we cover in the seminar?
- A quick overview of the census
- Information on different ethnic groups in New Zealand
- A summary of the products and information available from the 2013 Census
- Some of the ways different organisations use census data
- How to navigate the census pages on our website
- How to access information about your own ethnic group
If you have a mobile device such as a laptop or iPad, please bring it along so you can explore our website in the interactive session.
We’ll provide tea and coffee at the start of each seminar to give you a chance to meet and speak to others.
How do I register to attend a seminar?
Include the name of the seminar you would like to attend in the subject line, and your contact details (including your organisation and position if applicable) in the body of the email. We will send you a confirmation email. The day sessions are becoming full. There is still plenty of space for the evening seminars.
Email the Census Customer Relations team: census.external.
Or call our Information Centre, 0508 525 525 (toll-free), if you need more help.